The Strategy Analyst – Health & Beauty role will involve extracting, blending and analysing data from a variety of different sources in order to deliver and communicate actionable insights. These insights will be integral to guiding engineering and commercial strategy, sales volume projection, and operational capacity planning for current and future products across the Health & Beauty portfolio. The learning generated as a result of this role will combine with that from various functions globally to form a holistic view of current performance and future risks/opportunities. This complete view is essential to support the continuing rapid expansion of the category, encompassing areas including; product usage and reliability, user preferences, consumer spending habits, market characteristics, competitor activity, volume/value share trends, performance of brand building investments (BBI), and macroeconomic trends and likely impacts.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 3,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Drawing together data from across the global R&D, Insights, Commercial and Finance departments as well as across the markets, you will be a key part of the Health & Beauty team. As an independent, inquisitive and adaptable analyst, you will find answers to diverse and challenging questions; either by identifying, manipulating and interrogating data sources currently available within Dyson, or by realising new data sources. The team are constantly looking for opportunities to inform decision making by uncovering valuable insights and presenting them in a way that is clear and engaging. Experience using Tableau and associated data warehouses is preferred, as these will be used extensively to generate intuitive and interactive dashboards and reports. This is a unique opportunity to establish an analytical capability which will be pivotal to strategic decision making within Dyson’s newest and fastest growing category. Working closely with the Category’s senior leadership team, this is an exciting chance to join the dynamic and fast-paced world of Dyson Health & Beauty.
- Extract, blend and analyse data from different data sources (e.g. SQL databases, AWS, Google Analytics, consumer insights, trials and surveys) before presenting/ communicating it to key stakeholders.
- Look for “insights”, analysing and interpreting data, focusing on those that prompt actions and provide business meaning and volume drivers
- Use these insights to support R&D work, Commercial strategies and financial planning
- Identify opportunities to enrich existing data sets or reports with new data feeds
- Develop new reports/dashboards that add value across different business functions
- High degree of numeracy and confidence with the techniques of analysis in large data sets
- Experience analysing and presenting data in Data Visualisation Software packages (e.g. Tableau), and creating/maintaining associated data warehouse/structure
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate complex ideas and data simply
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of good practice for performance measurement and KPI definition
- Degree-level education in relevant area such as computing, mathematics/statistics, business analytics or engineering/sciences
- Experience working in engineering
- Experience of using analytic packages on data warehouses e.g. Hadoop, Redshift, SQL server and SAP Business Warehouse
- Ability to query large datasets using SQL • Competent programming with a scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
- Familiarity with using APIs to extract data/ information from external data sources
- Flexibility to change priorities quickly and deliver simultaneously across projects of different priorities and pace
- Conscientious and methodical approach; attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven; thrives under pressure
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.