Data Reporting Analyst
This is the core of the team; we need more heads for the data analysis team with advanced skills in mathematics and statistics. We will use this skillset to create what if analyses or any other advanced analytical reports. Without this headcount we will be slower at delivering our activities next year
Drive business relationship, anticipate data requirements and provide intuitive, self-explanatory and to the point analytics
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 8000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
The Business Excellence Team is growing and has three focus areas:
•Operation Transformation: Enabling engineers to work more efficiently and improve the quality of our products through best practice use of the Dyson knowledge base and effective tools and techniques
•Lean - Process Improvement: Applying process improvement methodologies to identify and design opportunities to make Operations & Business Processes lean and fit for purpose
•Systems Improvement: Getting into the detail of what drives consistency and speed in development through our systems in the most efficient and reliable way
As a Business Intelligent Analyst, you will be part of the Systems Improvement team. Your key responsibilities could be (but are not limited to):
•Deliver reporting requests and dashboard according to business priority, within the agreed timeline, budget, and user’s expectation.
•Anticipate and highlight business risks in the implementation of new/modified automation to end users
•Explore and evaluate possibilities of deploying report automation to enhance business efficiency.
.Gather user requirements through user requirements, analyzing data, current systems and business practice.
•Manage reporting needs and expectation of the senior officers.
•Discuss technical design for complex report requests with team members to obtain optimum reports
•Ensure all scheduled reports are delivered timely.
Preferably a Degree in Science majoring in Mathematics or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or Management or Economics.
Advanced Excel & Access skills
Advanced knowledge in Excel-based VBA development
Knowledge in at least one in these are :
- Large relational databases, and SQL programming.
- Web development (html, PHP)
- SAP Business Object
- General programming languages C, C++, Java or other
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Ability to effectively work multiple tasks and prioritize among objectives and project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of business and IT management.
- Committed and highly motivated team player.
- Creative and innovative thinking in developing solutions to complex business problems.
- Ability to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to optimise processes; identifies weaknesses in them and proactively proposes corrective action to ensure high levels of operational integrity and forecast certainty;
- Good command in written and spoken English.