Data Specialist - Market Quality UK
£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
You will access a variety of data sources (i.e. CRM systems, Consumer Reviews, Back Office data etc.), to understand the quality of our data – for completeness and accuracy. They will also highlight what other data sources need to be tackled. Beyond data the person will need to have the ability to form a strong, active partnership with the leadership team (up to MD level) and other functions within the Asia business – Commercial, Engineers, Customer Support etc.
- Work alongside the central data team to help define and build data repositories using multiple local/regional data sources.
- Develop and maintain a process for measuring/managing data quality issues - including issue reporting & tracking/driving resolution.
- Support a local insight (Voice of Customer) resource – have an active awareness of broadening data landscape and assess any new arising sources of customer satisfaction which may be of benefit; inform centralised Insights team and manage data gathering as/where appropriate
- Liaise with the Data team within Quality to ensure continual enhancement of the data tools (e.g. Tableau) to ensure the data reflects the requirements of the market teams.
- Develop Quality reporting capability at regional level - work closely with managers to develop and maintain the reporting required managing the performance of their area.
- Provide actionable insight from data sets and add value to the commercial process by delivering both strategic and tactical quantitative analysis work.
- Use reporting techniques to tell a data story and deep dive on specific areas for further insight as needed.
- Development of reporting capabilities, from gathering of requirements to deployment of reports.
- Experience with visualisation tools (from advance Excel VBA to Tableau, Qlik…)
- MS SQL Server
- Confident with the techniques of analysis in large data sets, e.g. extrapolation and forecasting techniques, statistical analysis (hypothesis testing, regression).
- Ability to handle large data sets and familiarity with the IT tools to do this, e.g. SQL
- Flexible and able to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good communication skills, experience translating technical goals and concepts into non-tech speak.
- Independence, ability to work with high level requirements and translate them into detailed specifications.
- Degree qualified in a numbers based subject (Physics, Maths, Statistics, Chemistry, Engineering)