Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
The Global Quality team is looking for a data specialist in America – a highly motivated individual who will help define data requirements and build/deliver reporting solutions alongside ad-hoc analysis. The data revealed will lead to an improved understanding of our consumers and products – in turn driving multiple continuous improvement programs across safety, reliability and customer satisfaction.
This person will access a variety of data sources (i.e. CRM systems, Consumer Reviews, Back Office data etc.), to understand the quality of our data – for completeness and accuracy. They will also highlight what other data sources need to be tackled.
Beyond data the person will need to have the ability to form a strong, active partnership with the leadership team (up to MD level) and other functions within the Asia business – Commercial, Engineers, Customer Support etc.
- Work alongside the central data team to help define and build data repositories using multiple local/regional data sources.
- Develop and maintain a process for measuring/managing data quality issues - including issue reporting & tracking/driving resolution.
- Support a local insight (Voice of Customer) resource – have an active awareness of broadening data landscape and assess any new arising sources of customer satisfaction which may be of benefit; inform centralized Insights team and manage data gathering as/where appropriate
- Liaise with the Data team within Quality to ensure continual enhancement of the data tools (e.g. Tableau) to ensure the data reflects the requirements of the market teams.
- Develop Quality reporting capability at regional level - work closely with managers to develop and maintain the reporting required managing the performance of their area.
- Provide actionable insight from data sets and add value to the commercial process by delivering both strategic and tactical quantitative analysis work.
- Use reporting techniques to tell a data story and deep dive on specific areas for further insight as needed.
- Ability to work with high-level requirements and translate them into detailed specifications.
- Ability to pull relevant data from large and complicated data sets.
- Proficient in MS SQL Server.
- High degree of numeracy with confidence in the techniques of analysis in large data sets, e.g. extrapolation and forecasting techniques, statistical analysis (hypothesis testing, regression).
- Ability to develop reporting capabilities from the gathering of requirements to the deployment of reports.
- Experience with visualization tools (including Excel VBA to Tableau, Qlikview).
- Solid understanding of verbal/written English.
- Flexible and able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good communication skills, experience translating technical goals and concepts into non-tech speak.
- Impeccable integrity in dealing with people and problems.
- Ability to stay ahead of trends.
- Degree in a numbers based subjects including Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, or Engineering.