Deputy Catering Operations Manager
£28,000 - 30,000
- You will help oversee the management of the catering locations across Dyson alongside the Catering Operations Manager and team.
- As a proven Manager in the Catering Industry, the ability to manage and develop teams on a multi-site basis will be essential.
- This will span a variety of property types and locations, but will focus predominantly in our headquarters at Malmesbury and Hullavington.
- Working alongside, and in support of, the other key estates leaders.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
This is no ordinary on-site Café, we are a global technology company with over 3,000 people based on site and still growing. Our catering team have the challenge of feeding these success hungry employees on a daily basis and providing them with the nutrition they need to see through the day. The Dyson catering team are hardworking and customer-focused to ensure all employees onsite receive high class service on a daily basis. At the helm of the catering team is our Michelin-trained head chef, who has put together an excellent and affordable menu for everyone to enjoy.
- Work closely with the Catering Operations Manager to ensure smooth running on all catering locations throughout Dyson.
- Ensure that the food offer is of the highest standard and is in line with current eating trends and customer needs.
- Engage actively in helping produce and agree all catering location business plans including annual budgets and manage their commercial performance.
- To ensure all department and company targets are achieved. Be an active member of the management team taking responsibility for the performance of the locations and their profitability.
- Involved in ongoing review of individual performance and identify training and development needs.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety and Hygiene procedures and standards.
- Responsible for taking ownership for any tasks delegated. Involvement within the recruitment process of catering staff.
- Helping to develop new catering initiatives within the department.
- An understanding of multi-site catering operations.
- A strong work ethic and an enthusiastic manner.
- Proven ability to direct, manage and motivate multiple teams.
- Experience in a Hotel/Bar environment. A love of fresh food and quality service.
- A passion for the hospitality industry Being financial astute and previous experience.
- Food Safety Level 2.
- Customer Service experience in hotel, catering capacity.
- Acting as an ambassador.
- Ensuring compliance with Food / Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount
- Sports centre
- Subsidized cafe and restaurants