Design Engineer - New Product Development - Haircare
As a designer at Dyson, you will be expected to initiate new product concepts or ideas and identify market opportunities from a blank sheet of paper. You will take responsibility for creating and owning vision specification and business case for new product concepts, including development budget and running costs. Teamwork is key. You will take a proactive approach in the generation of ideas – host brainstorms, gather research, work with industry specialist to gather market insights and performance reviews.
- Champion great design to produce products that meet all performance and functional criteria
- Work seamlessly with research teams to utilise the wealth of technical skills in research teams to get best value from Dyson technologies
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
- Design reviews with James Dyson and/or Executive, as required.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent.
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes.
- Previous experience designing manufactured products and a keen interest in personal care and hair care industry
- Proven experience of delivering robust design solutions on time, to specification and within cost and budget constraints.
- Practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Self starter - ability to work independently.