SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Dyson RDD develop products which are deliberately different and verifiably better than the competition. These solutions are increasingly complex and require closer and closer integration of traditionally separate engineering disciplines. Our Product development team embody our machines and design for manufacture. We break down a complex engineering problem into digestible chunks: clarifying our products requirements, testing their functions, robustness, behaviour and structural architecture. The breadth of knowledge of our engineers, and their depth of knowledge of our technologies, allows them to question the solutions from any team, finding and resolving risks before they become issues.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Our design engineering team is the idea factory of Dyson. It’s where we took the bag out of the vacuum. The blades out of a fan. And the heat out of hand dryers. With free-flowing curiosity and creativity, ideas are never in short supply. The key is deciding which ones could change the world and which should, for now, be shelved. This is done by the New Product Innovation team, who pass on the best ideas to New Product Development. Sketching, prototyping, testing, failing and refining follow. It can take months, even years. But those ideas that make it are big – the kind that transform markets.
- Apply innovative problem solving skills to help meet or exceed the requirements of our products
- Deliver design solutions that ensure safety and reliability of our products
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively the results and project status between all relevant teams
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept and proof of principle through to developed prototypes and production.
- Develop 3D CAD, engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies along with test rigs and assembly jigs.
- Deliver designs, concepts and detailed ideas that are optimised for low cost, high volume manufacturing
- Understand and apply engineering analysis tools such as FEA and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that the product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met, all within the planned timeline of the project.
- Design Engineer with up to 5 years of experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Product design background will be advantage.
- Able to do hand sketch.
- Able to work independently.
- Possess knowledge of injection moulding and metal stamping will be advantage.
- CAD experience ( NX, solidwork or autocad )
- Able to travel in short notice if require
- Good in communication and presentation skill.
- Creative and love to think out of the box
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.