Mechanical Design Engineer
Calamba Laguna, Philippines
The candidate will be responsible for managing the execution of projects, regardless of scale.
The candidate will work within the constraints of budget, schedule and scope while managing risk and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies.
Dyson Philippine was established in 2016 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors - the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
Responding to global growth and our expanding technology portfolio with millions in investment for our new Laguna facility. It’s now also where we manufacture our hand dryers and fans. It’s destined to play an even bigger role in our future success.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- Responsible for New Product Introduction activity for the Personal Care products for Dyson Philippines – to ensure that this NPI activity is delivered on time, on spec and on cost.
- Responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and design requirements from development stage to production part/tooling approval complete.
- Assist with production issue’s (i.e. process, approval & failure analysis, spc) and documented in PLM.
- Support improvements related to cost, quality, design and productivity using methodology such as Tolerance Stack, Process Capability (Cpk), FMEA, Minitab, etc.
- Review Engineering Change Requests; liaise with RDD and Contract Manufacturing partner to efficiently implement the change into production.
- Liaise with our Contract Manufacturing partner for engineering evaluations or special builds in support of productivity/quality improvement projects or cost reduction initiatives such as alternative parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc.
- Deliver mechanical assemblies to meet the specifications and processes encompassing low cost, high volume manufacturing techniques.
- A good team player with local and global partner in both R & D , manufacturing and third party suppliers
- Work with other simulation/electronic/mechanical engineers to ensure product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Between 2-5 years of mechanical design experience ideally related to consumer products such as domestic appliances.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of mechanics, mechatronics, materials engineering and manufacturing process.
- A well rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills.
- Demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving, and a desire to develop their design and development skills.
- Proactive and keen to details
- Proficiency in Product Lifecycle Management, Statistical tools, CAD, project management tools, MS office etc.
- Project Management skills is an advantage.
- Advance command in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Ability to travel
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition