Mechanical Design Engineer - Motors & Power Systems
Competitive + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday
• Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept to production. Lead other engineering colleagues as required to support this.
• Deliver designs that meet specification requirements and that are optimised for low cost, high volume manufacturing.
• Develop 3D CAD and engineering drawings for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies. Review and approve work completed by others.
• Understand and apply engineering analysis tools such as FEA and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs.
• Work with other project team engineers to ensure product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met. Demonstrate system level leadership to optimise product performance and solve complex engineering problems.
• Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality and efficiency.
• Communicate between all teams within RDD and Global Operations to ensure effective and timely input.
• Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate hand over either to other teams within the UK or Far East.
• A creative and agile mind, and a desire to develop your design and development skills in a fast pace environment.
• An ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of mechanics and an awareness of the integration of electronics.
• A broad understanding of material properties and manufacturing processes related to common engineering materials.
• A creative and considered approach to reasoning and problem solving
• A degree in a relevant engineering, science or product design discipline.
• An ability to work in both a cross-functional team environment and independently. Demonstrate strong motivation to get the job done.
• Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature
• Previous experience designing manufactured products.
• Commercial awareness with a pragmatic approach to balance cost and value.
• Appreciation of the design considerations of high speed rotating machinery
• The role offers the opportunity for travel as required to support project transfer and engineering support at our manufacturing locations or to liaise with suppliers.