Senior Industrial/Product Designer- IoT
£45,000 - £60,000pa, 27 days holiday, pension, bonus, healthcare, free gym
We're looking for a brilliant designer who can lead a team, intrigued by the IoT.
The role working on connected products will be expected to generate new ideas for future connected products that are both product enhancing, innovative and accurately timed in the fast moving world of connected products. This is a role which focuses on the connected features and not the physical product.
- Feature Specification – ownership of the generation, modification and sign off of this document. This document is the clear balance of product, digital and technical requirements and how they fit into the business case and future strategy.
- Involvement in the generation, adjustment and agreement on the connectivity strategy.
- Clearly communicate complex information in many different formats. These include graphical, verbal/presentation, powerpoint etc.
- Manage Stakeholders, including James Dyson, the Executive Board of Directors, NPD Category Directors, Head of Connectivity Research and Director of Digital
- Collaboration across Research, Digital, NPD, marketing, electronics, IT and South East Asia
- App prototyping and demonstration
- User trials and insights
- Get involved in building rigs and prototypes, generating/modifying software, assisting in user trials and other similar tasks.
You will come from an industrial or product design background. You will have been working to enhance product features and developed your career to connected products. Your portfolio will show examples of development of products which have accompanying apps. You will have designed the feature of these apps for the relevant products.
You will have led a team in a cross-functional environment previously.
You will have experience of delivering robust design solutions on time to specification and within budget constraints. You will also have experience of practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing.