PR and Communications Designer
The Image & Identity team reports directly into the Global Creative Director. Its central role is to manage the definition, documentation, training and application of the Dyson Reputation, Visual Identity, Narrative, and Writing Character that will deliver the Dyson Experience. The team is divided into two parts: Brand Graphic Design, who establish and maintain our global design philosophy and standards; and Enterprise Communications, who support internal Dyson functions, ensuring that when we present Dyson as an entity, we do so in a consistent and appropriate way.
You will need to be comfortable operating and influencing at a senior level. You will be responsible for creating high profile presentations for our Executive board members and Directors across a range of channels. You will also be responsible for creating supporting material for press launches, global PR events, and speaking engagements for our Managing Director.
You will be responsible for helping define how we visually present ourselves in a way that is in line with our customer-facing identity, yet appropriate for a business audience. You will also be responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of business templates for documents/forms/presentations/intranets to enable our global people to create their own communications that are consistent and executed to an extremely high standard.
You should be enthusiastic and take pride in your work. We’ll be setting the benchmark for graphic design at Dyson, so everything we do has to be perfect. You will be working directly with senior stakeholders throughout Dyson. So you’ll need to be comfortable voicing your opinions and be able to articulate your ideas confidently and intelligently, and then explain the design principles that support them. As brand guardian, you’ll need to offer coaching and training to others (both internal and external) to ensure that our visual identity is presented correctly and consistently.
– You must be a strong communicator, comfortable in meetings at the highest level and able to quickly visualise ideas on the spot (digitally, or even with a pencil!) to get agreement on direction.
– You must have a passion for information design, and love creating clear and engaging presentations.
– You will need to understand data and statistics in order to graphically represent them in a clear and compelling way.
– A strong technical understanding of typography and grid systems is essential, as we will set the best practice examples for others to follow.
– You must have (or quickly develop) an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity, and have good judgement as to what makes good Dyson communication and what doesn’t.
– You must also have a keen eye for creating engaging visual assets (photography, film, animation).
– You must be an expert in InDesign, and have sound knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
– You must be proficient in moving image software, such as Final Cut Pro, Premiere, After Effects or Flash.
– You will have a degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, and ideally at least 3 years industry experience.