Digital Marketing Manager
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
This person will be the subject matter expert on digital marketing, content generation and digital media best practices to support the US market. This role will be responsible for the delivery of digital strategies that impact our consumers through the purchase journey to increase the quality of traffic to Dyson owned websites and impact business growth across all categories.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up!
The Digital team is driven by one ambition: to deliver an intuitive, premium interface on all digital devices, globally. We’re challenging ourselves to do it better than anyone before: speed and simplicity of purchase, and fingertip support to get the most out of our machines. As devices evolve, we’re pioneering usability with leading digital agencies. It means being problem solvers and opportunity seekers. Leveraging data insight. Relentlessly testing and refining. And often revolutionizing.
Leadership of digital media planning, evaluation and auditing
- Working in partnership with Category heads to deliver best communications, creative and placement in brand, category, industry and needs-based journeys.
- Key manager of the media agency to reach the right audience through a variety of digital media channels, employ new ways of advertising in the purchase journey across desktop, mobile and tablet.
- Overall control of the digital media plans ensuring that key booking dates are met, supporting Category managers to deliver campaigns on time and driving full value of our media investment.
- Management of media agency to produce meaningful post campaign analysis and improve the value of our digital advertising through relentless testing, targeting and refining plans.
- Review of media agency digital performance and setting KPIs to ensure we continually achieve and exceed targets while maintaining a positive return on our investment.
- Obsess over keyword optimization to ensure we win across all categories to convert active Dyson shoppers and drive consideration, plus employ new strategies to demonstrate the Dyson difference and stimulate interest where tactically relevant to bring new traffic into Dyson.
- Brief owner to the media agency who will manage and execute the creation of highly impactful marketing assets and innovative campaigns to drive growth in each category, while managing cross-functional relationships internally and externally.
- Build relationship with Global digital team to collaborate on reporting and new digital initiatives and assist in the implementation of those programs (i.e. DRTV) to apply learnings that will influence decisions and assist overall marketing goals.
- Ability to influence and drive change across the organization and lead digital media planning and performance presentations.
Production of digital strategies to acquire new visitors and drive awareness
- Support Sr. Digital Media Manager and work closely with the E-Commerce Manager to implement the overall digital strategy for Dyson US, taking into account our full brand proposition and Global Dyson digital guidelines and best practices.
- Be part of a global digital team to assist in the development of digital sales strategies and tactics that drive business profitability by increasing high quality visitors, dwell time, improving conversion rates, capturing larger average order sizes and managing margin performance.
- Work closely with sales account managers, especially pure play, to effectively utilize retailer media networks, where applicable, to deliver on retail online opportunities.
- Use of Hitwise (and other) data to fully understand downstream and upstream traffic to Dyson owned websites and relevance in the purchase journey to acquire new visitors and increase traffic from current 12m visitors annually.
Dyson.com campaign management
- Act as a consultative resource and subject matter expert to the Category teams for all content creation that supports digital marketing activities. Provide direction, conceptual and digital creative input into the digital media strategy, working closely with Digital creative teams.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders to ensure alignment on digital plans, and with the Category, Retail, PR, Customer Service and Owner Engagement teams to drive integrated marketing strategies to ensure all new product launches are represented correctly online.
- Work with the Category Heads to fully understand category objectives and design digital advertising campaigns and ad copy to deliver digital performance accordingly to maximize our sales potential.
- Identify opportunities, and develop and drive initiatives and campaigns that will increase direct sales.
- Manage the digital media budgets, purchase orders and media pricing in comparison to the market, and negotiation of media services, where applicable.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience; minimum 5 years of digital experience with a major e-commerce site or digital agency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required
- Must have experience working with a transactional website, marketing products and services online for a consumer brand
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Experience working with a major Web analytics and reporting tool
- Proven expertise in paid search, including design, implementation and optimization of direct and retail campaigns
- Strong understanding of how digital creative assets influence the purchase journey in the digital space such as videos, interactive demos
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and concepts; search engines, landing page design and optimization, tools and trends
- Experience working with major retailers in an e-commerce environment preferred
- Online search marketing certification a plus
- Previous experience working with media agency
- This position requires strong consumer digital experience, leadership and analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Drive projects from concept through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results
- Must have excellent project management skills to coordination both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization
- Project brief writing skills
- An innovative thinker with digital marketing expertise and a proven track record
- Self-starter, highly developed ability to receive and give feedback as well as to set priorities
- A visionary who is always looking to learn the most cutting-edge methodologies in digital marketing
- Attention to details and accuracy in reporting
- Ability to travel up to 25%