Marketing Manager, Media
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
This person will be the subject matter expert on paid media, content generation and digital media best practices to support the US market. This role will be responsible for the delivery of media strategies that impact our consumers through the purchase journey to increase the quality of traffic to Dyson owned websites and impact business growth across all categories.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up!
The Media team is driven by one ambition: to deliver an intuitive, premium interface on all devices, globally. We’re challenging ourselves to do it better than anyone before: speed and simplicity of purchase, and fingertip support to get the most out of our machines. As devices evolve, we’re pioneering usability with leading agencies. It means being problem solvers and opportunity seekers. Leveraging data insight. Relentlessly testing and refining. And often revolutionizing.
Leadership of digital media planning, evaluation and auditing
- Working in partnership with Category heads to deliver best communications, creative and placement in brand, category, industry and needs-based journeys.
- Key manager of the media agency to reach the right audience through a variety of digital media channels, employ new ways of advertising in the purchase journey across desktop, mobile and tablet.
- Overall control of the media plans ensuring that key booking dates are met, supporting Category managers to deliver campaigns on time and driving full value of our media investment.
- Management of media agency to produce meaningful post campaign analysis and improve the value of our digital advertising through relentless testing, targeting and refining plans.
- Review of media agency performance and setting KPIs to ensure we continually achieve and exceed targets while maintaining a positive return on our investment.
- Obsess over keyword optimization to ensure we win across all categories to convert active Dyson shoppers and drive consideration, plus employ new strategies to demonstrate the Dyson difference and stimulate interest where tactically relevant to bring new traffic into Dyson.
- Brief owner to the media agency who will manage and execute the creation of highly impactful marketing assets and innovative campaigns to drive growth in each category, while managing cross-functional relationships internally and externally.
- Build relationship with Global team to collaborate on reporting and new digital initiatives and assist in the implementation of those programs to apply learnings that will influence decisions and assist overall marketing goals.
- Ability to influence and drive change across the organization and lead digital media planning and performance presentations.
Media campaign management
- Act as a consultative resource and subject matter expert to the Category teams for all content creation that supports marketing activities. Provide direction, conceptual and digital creative input into the media strategy, working closely with creative teams.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders to ensure alignment on media plans, and with the Category, ecommerce, Retail, PR, Customer Service and Owner Engagement teams to drive integrated marketing strategies to ensure all new product launches are represented correctly.
- Work with the Category Heads to fully understand category objectives and design advertising campaigns and ad copy to deliver performance accordingly to maximize our sales potential.
- Identify opportunities, and develop and drive initiatives and campaigns that will increase sales.
- Manage the media budgets, purchase orders and media pricing in comparison to the market, and negotiation of media services, where applicable.
Build, develop and promote an effective team
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
- Inspire, lead and motivate direct report through regular feedback, 1:1’s PDPs and objectives.
- Develop and upskill the team for their own continuous improvement and readiness for promotion opportunities.
- Inspire a passion for our product within the digital team and the wider marketing team.
- Support media team members to ensure that they can communicate effectively throughout the organization both locally and at a Global level.
- Work closely with marketing team to influence decisions to assist US digital marketing goals.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience; minimum 5 years of digital experience with a major brand media experience or digital agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Experience working with a major Web analytics and reporting tool.
- Must have experience working with a transactional website, marketing products and services online for a consumer brand.
- Proven expertise in paid media, including design, implementation and optimization of campaigns
- Strong understanding of how creative assets influence the purchase journey
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and concepts; search engines, landing page design and optimization, tools and trends.
- Experience working with major retailers in an e-commerce environment preferred.
- Previous experience working with media agency.
- This position requires strong consumer media experience, leadership and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Drive projects from concept through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results.
- Thorough understanding of Dyson’s channels.
- Must have excellent project management skills to coordination both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization.
- Project brief writing skills.
- An innovative thinker with media expertise and a proven track record.
- Self-starter, highly developed ability to receive and give feedback as well as to set priorities.
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible.
- A visionary who is always looking to learn the most cutting-edge methodologies in digital marketing.
- Vigilant editing skills.
- Attention to details and accuracy in reporting.
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Personable, ability to work well with a variety of different personality types and skill sets.