Digital Mock Up Engineer
Competitive + benefits
This role sit within the Vehicle Integration Team of our automotive function.
- Support planning and delivery of geometric compatibility DMU checks for each virtual series gateway. This may require working with both in-house and external resources.
- Drive cross functional issue resolution of geometric compatibility issues identified through regular DMU reviews.
- Interface with Package chunk teams for solution of macro-compatibility issues.
- Interface with other DPA teams (e.g. Manufacturing, Service, CAE) for resolution of all DPA issues identified affecting geometric compatibility.
- Implement appropriate metrics to track and report compatibility progress and ensure compatibility of design is aligned to key programme events e.g. prototype and production releases, CAE activities and other DPA checks.
- Support regular reporting of issue status at all levels.
A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is preferable (Note: Good relevant experience will be considered in lieu of qualifications);
Experience working in a cross-functional geometric integration / Package / DMU role. Automotive experience preferable, but other disciplines will be considered e.g. aerospace, rail;
Experience using Siemens Teamcenter v10 preferable;
Experience using CAD visualisation tools essential (e.g. Teamcenter visualisation professional or Vismockup);
A good working knowledge of MS Office;
Experience of the Virtual Series process and geometric compatibility DPA process is preferable;
Good understanding of CAD data development / best practices (structuring, maturity etc) – Automotive experience preferable;
Demonstrates an ability to evaluate technical problems to ensure clear direction;
Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of engineering teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment;
Be a self-starter with an ability to work independently;
Work flexibly with the ability to apply themselves to a task outside of their normal job description, if required;
Excellent team-working skills with an ability to interact with all of the engineering teams in a positive and constructive manner;