Digital Mock-Up Lead
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
These roles sit within the Vehicle Integration Team of our automotive function.
- Lead planning and delivery of geometric compatibility DPA checks for each virtual series gateway. This may require co-ordination of both in-house and external resources.
- Define the process for the geometric compatibility DPA and identify appropriate resources, facilities and software tools to deliver.
- Drive cross functional issue resolution of geometric compatibility issues identified through DPA checks through regular DMU reviews.
- Interface with Package chunk teams for solution of macro-compatibility issues.
- Interface with other DPA teams for resolution of all DPA issues affecting geometric compatibility.
- Develop appropriate metrics to track and report compatibility progress and ensure compatibility of design is aligned to key programme events e.g. prototype and production releases, CAE activities and other DPA checks.
- Provide regular reporting of issue status at all levels.
- A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is preferable (Note: Good relevant experience will be considered in lieu of qualifications);
Experience working within a cross-functional geometric integration / DMU lead role. Automotive experience preferable, but other disciplines will be considered e.g. aerospace, rail.
Experience using Siemens Teamcenter v10 preferable
Experience using CAD visualisation tools essential (e.g. Teamcenter visualisation professional or Vismockup)
A good working knowledge of MS Office
Experience of the Virtual Series process and geometric compatibility DPA process.
Good understanding of CAD data development / best practices (structuring, maturity etc) – Automotive experience preferable.
Confident leading cross functional meetings and ability to evaluate technical problems to ensure clear direction;
Ability to present in front of large audiences and communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information to project members from multiple disciplines;
Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of engineering teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment;
Be a self-starter with an ability to work independently;
Work flexibly with the ability to apply themselves to a task outside of their normal job description, if required;
Excellent team-working skills with an ability to interact with all of the engineering teams in a positive and constructive manner;
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.