Digital Trading Analyst
£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + 27 days holiday + free onsite gym
This role sits at the heart of Dyson’s Direct business transformation. It’s become available because the current encumbent has been promoted overseas to lead Direct Analytics in one of Dysons largest markets. The Direct (Digital) Trading Analyst will play a key role in shaping roadmap priorities and meeting the 2018/9 Direct objective of building a 24/7 global trading / retailer culture by providing analysis and insight on the performance and optimisation of Dyson’s direct-to-consumer business.
This includes contributing to the development of a Direct Analytics data environment and using this data solution to build and disseminate automated, real-time, Direct Analytics reporting and dashboards for the Direct team in group and Dyson markets around the world. The role reports to the Head of Direct Analytics.
A great selling point would be that everyone in the Direct Analytics team is given the opportunity to learn and develop their skills with the latest tools such as; Adobe, GA, Session Replay, Tableau and SQL. Throughout your journey with Dyson, you will grew to become an expert user of all of these tools. From the offset, you will gain exposure to senior business leaders and be given lots of autonomy.
How would you like to work tucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire, but only 15 minutes from the M4 and well-connected by rail? Our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 3,500 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, a motivational place to work and the Digital team is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
The Digital team is driven by one ambition: to deliver an intuitive, premium interface on all digital devices, globally. In just 12 months, they took Dyson from seven eCommerce markets to 19, with more to come. They’re determined to do it better than anyone, providing speed and simplicity of purchase, and fingertip support to get the most out of our machines. As devices evolve, they’re partnering with industry experts to stay ahead; seeking new opportunities, leveraging data insight, relentlessly testing and refining. And often revolutionising.
- Design and maintain globally consistent dashboard and reports, with actionable insights
- Automate data collection, aggregation and distribution to minimise manual effort for the markets and the Direct team
- Support the Head of Analytics and the markets with market deep-dives to trouble-shoot performance issues and ad-hoc reporting
- Provide daily pricing reports to the markets on a global level
- Work with in-market teams in Europe, to ensure that the pricing activity is in line with agreed strategy
- Make sure the business has access to accurate and reliable data in order to make informed decision
- Maximise usage of the tool: organise training sessions for the markets and support them
- Support the Head of Analytics and the markets with any ad-hoc reporting and market research
- Support the BI team in creating a consistent database to ingest a variety of data sources that currently sit in silos
- Act as the interface between Direct Analytics and BI
Essential skills & experience required:
- Proven skills and experience of using analytical tools such as Google Analytics or SQL
- Experience of conducting deep dive analysis (ideally e-com or website performance) Evidence that you can analyse large sets of data and turn into actionable insight and make recommendations on "what's next"
- Power Point skills and experience of presenting findings back (ideally to manager or senior manager level)
- You will possess a curious mindset and an inquisitive nature
- Experience of visualising your work with Tableau
- Experience of using Session Replay or equivalent tool that analyses customer online behaviour
- Experience of using Adobe tools and in particular Adobe Target
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.