Direct Retail Operations Manager
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. We have huge growth plans for our Direct Retail portfolio which include Global Flagship, Local Flagship, and boutique stores where we will be responsible for creating a seamless and consistent Dyson Experience to capture the hearts and minds of our owners.
Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers, and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionizing the world of Beauty with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer.
- Manage all store operations business platforms, including communication direct to stores
- Utilize strong technical skills to create and publish formal company documents, presentation material, etc.
- Manage and execute on-going projects that require organizing, analyzing, and publishing large volumes of data and material
- Manage team calendar, coordinate meetings, track budgets, manage invoices, generate reports, book business travel as needed
- Serve as a knowledge resource and point of contact for the department and as a liaison for business partners
Project Management Tasks:
- Manage and/or assist in complex and time sensitive projects for various business needs including new store openings, new product launches, etc.
- This role is based in Chicago, IL
- Travel is approximately 20%
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years in retail operations or retail project management
- 1+ years in providing general administrative support
- Previous retail experience in the field is strongly preferred
- Genuine passion for providing outstanding service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized with attention to detail and accuracy with exceptional follow-up
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and re-prioritize work as needed
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and independent decision making
- Demonstrates an aptitude of understanding retail and the overall business function
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information
- Advanced in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with SAP strongly preferred
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.