Direct Retail Operations Specialist
Competitive compensation and great benefits!
Chicago, IL or San Francisco, CA
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. We have huge growth plans for our Direct Retail portfolio which include Global Flagship and boutique stores where we will be responsible for creating a seamless and consistent Dyson Experience to capture the hearts and minds of our owners.
Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers, and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionizing the world of Beauty with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer.
- Utilize strong technical skills to create and publish formal company documents, presentation material, etc. while ensuring alignment with all global guidelines
- Organize and analyze reporting for field optimization & recommendations for business improvement
- Execute time sensitive, critical requests with solid inter-company communication
- Serve as a knowledge resource and point of contact for the department and as a liaison for business partners
- Manage store operations business platforms, including communication direct to stores
- Assist with execution of annual & quarterly objectives/initiatives
- Lead complex and time sensitive projects for various business needs including new store openings, new product launches, in-store events, etc.
- Conduct case studies and create plans to optimize in store efficiencies
- Identify guest needs through analyzing customer feedback
- Create improvement plans to close operational and service gaps
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Advocate of change and challenging the status quo
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of administrative and/or retail operations & training experience required
- Retail store experience required
- SAP experience highly preferred
- Advanced in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Genuine passion for providing outstanding service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized with attention to detail and accuracy with exceptional follow-up
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines and re-prioritize work as needed
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and independent decision making
- Demonstrates an aptitude of understanding retail and the overall business function
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information
- Travel is approximately 50%
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call(312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.