Director of Customer Service and Sales Order Processing
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials.
The Director, Customer Service & Sales Order Processing supports the organization through directing and overseeing all aspects of the organization's customer service policies, objectives, and initiatives. This position will develop service level standards focused on response times and issue resolution. As a leader in the Supply Chain organization, this role will be relied upon to develop and implement strategies in alignment with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
Management of customer service and sales order processing for the Americas. This includes customers in North America and South America.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead the Customer Service team through coaching, performance management and development ensuring a high level of engagement and productivity
· Develop customer and business strategies that align with both supply chain and sales objectives which result in customer satisfaction, increased sales revenue and market share growth
· Manage daily operations with respect to customer service and sales order processing ensuring continuous improvement in processes and way of working.
· Implement e-business initiatives within region and ensure a high level of end-user engagement. Actively collaborate and coordinate with global e-business team to ensure alignment.
· Establish and monitor key performance indictors within customer service
· Actively collaborate with key internal partners including other areas within supply chain and sales
· Participate in global teams/networks as it relates to Customer Service and provide input
- Use training and leadership skills to develop Customer Service organization
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure optimal Customer Service and Sales Order Processing team by establishing a proactive problem solving process
- Use decision-making skills to manage a complex, rapidly changing operation
- Manager of exceptions and order prioritization
- Implementation of cost effective solutions which maintain service levels
- Create an environment of continuous improvement by measuring performance of customers and subordinates as well as leading supply chain related projects
· Advanced knowledge related to company’s value chain and supply chain activities
· Advanced knowledge related to company’s order fulfillment cycle
· Ability to balance service and cost within one’s daily work
· Business understanding and knowledge
· Problem solving skills
· Organizational skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment as well as effectively network throughout the organization
· Advanced knowledge related to the market, competitors and industry
· Ability to manage conflict as well as to persuade and negotiate with others
· Ability to lead and develop others within the organization and effectively delegate
· Knowledge related to company’s sales processes and tools, including selling and negotiation skills
· Knowledge of company, site and HR policies and applications
· Knowledge related to relevant IT tools and systems
· Advanced skills related to customer account management
· Knowledge of company's offering and end uses
- Providing a high level of service to customers under all market conditions while maintaining logistics costs at a reasonable level – balancing service and cost.
- Ability to operate and multi-task in high pressure, time sensitive situations
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Master’s Degree preferred
· At least seven (7) years' experience in customer service or related field, ten (10) years preferred
· Strong computer skills, including MS excel and SAP