Global Director Cyber Security
Responsible for leading the Cyber Security function globally at Dyson.
What began with one man and one idea inside a coach house in Wiltshire, has since transformed into an 11,000-strong global technology company spanning multiple product categories and more than 70 countries around the world. But the transformation of Dyson is far from over.
As our ambitions increase we will advance ever further into the worlds of automotive, connectivity, sensor technology, machine learning and AI, as well as deepen our work on motors, batteries and hardware. Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone, but if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is massively critical to our success. But how do we keep it from prying eyes? Dyson’s Cyber Security department works tirelessly to keep our secrets secret and our crown jewels locked away, using world class technologies to stay one step ahead of the game. We think like hackers and try and anticipate their every move, researching the latest threats and exploring every angle. The Security Architecture team design the technology solutions that keep us at the top of our game, refining our processes, stressing our systems, and making sure we’re well honed. It’s a tireless job, but the bad guys don’t rest.
Reporting to the CIO, you will lead the Cyber Security function globally at Dyson.
You will be accountable for the delivery and on-going assurance of Dyson’s Cyber Security Strategy at all levels; from setting security requirements and providing consultancy to the business, through to delivering security projects and overseeing assurance activities, and then on-going security operations and analysis. The major focus of this role is developing the various teams within the Cyber Security function, providing technical advice and expertise to IT and business stakeholders and leaders to ensure that security is considered at every stage, observes industry good practice, exhibits appropriate governance, and that technologies are adequately and securely implemented and monitored to support the needs of the business.
- Provide technology leadership and be accountable for the development, implementation, communication, maintenance and governance of the Cyber Security Strategy, technical architecture and roadmaps in collaboration with the CIO
- In consultation with the Director of Security, design, develop, implement and monitor a best in class cyber security strategy that secures Dyson’s globally operating business across the threat spectrum.
- Become the trusted source of strategic Cyber Security expertise and pro-actively provide security leadership and guidance to business divisions, projects and 3rd parties
- Work closely with leadership within our Research and Development function to ensure our future product’s embedded software and connected home eco-system is protected against the latest threats and meet best practice and emerging standards in these domains.
- Develop, embed and manage a world-class Cyber Security function in collaboration with outsourced 3rd parties ensuring the ‘Enterprise IT’ and Digital technology environment and business units operate within security risk appetite, including regular monitoring, reporting and escalation of security events and potential risks
- Develop, manage and maintain an effective Cyber Security Governance Framework
You’ll have strong experience of building and managing successful (global) security teams, covering many different cyber security responsibilities including operations, offensive security, consultancy, architecture and compliance. With a proven ability in developing strong partnerships with senior management teams across complex businesses, you'll possess exceptional written and oral communication skills and a strong knowledge of Cyber Security from the deeply technical to the high level.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge and experience around security controls in the following areas:
- Security Architecture (Host, Application, Infrastructure, Network, Cloud, Database, Connected Products, Automotive)
- IT Security Controls (Identity Management, IPS/IDS, Malware, User Behaviour Analytics, Data Loss Prevention, DDoS, Cloud Security techniques, etc.)
- Secure SDLC and DevSecOps
- Security Operations
- Offensive Security
- Ability to evaluate risks, articulate issues, develop consensus, raise awareness and provide and implement solutions
- Practical knowledge of industry standard frameworks (ISO 2700x, NIST, ITIL, etc.), best practices (OWASP, CSA, etc.), and regulations (PCI, GDPR, etc.)
- Ability to translate and distil complex technical information across all levels of the organisation as required for the audience
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.