Director of Direct Fulfillment
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials.
The Director, Direct Fulfillment is responsible for all operations pertaining to direct logistics ensuring customer satisfaction, customer retention, network optimization and full implementation of related tools and processes. They plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer's requirements.
The Director, Direct Fulfillment supports the organization through directing and overseeing all aspects of the organization's e-commerce logistics policies, objectives, and initiatives. This position will develop service level standards focused on response times and issue resolution. As a leader in the Supply Chain organization, this role will be relied upon to develop and implement strategies in alignment with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
This role will work closely with the Digital & Direct Team, Vendor Partners and Shipping Services Suppliers to support smooth and efficient operations. This includes supervising Dyson’s logistics service providers and working with both internal and external customers on problem resolution as it pertains to e-commerce logistics operations and transportation. The Director, Direct Fulfillment is responsible for continually improving service while looking for ways to reduce costs through process improvement, network optimization and standardization across Dyson’s US logistics operations. In addition, this role will help build the roadmap for innovation in delivery experience and establish key partnerships to ensure Dyson remains an industry leader.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for driving the strategy and managing the e-commerce supply chain plan and the flow of work through the teams involved in the Dyson online channel
• Develop customer and business strategies that align with both supply chain and sales objectives which result in customer satisfaction, increased sales revenue and market share growth
• Implement e-business initiatives within region and ensure a high level of end-user engagement. Actively collaborate and coordinate with global e-business team to ensure alignment
• Develop Industry benchmark on Direct Delivery (Speed, Convenience, Customization and Experience)
• Work with Dyson IT/Systems Teams to achieve delivery experience
• Analyze, design and implement Dyson’s direct business logistics network
• Extend the delivery experience to other direct channels – offline and online including Marketplace, call center/chat, DSC’s and our stores
• Provide logistics operational support for special projects executed with Dyson’s 3rd party logistics providers
• Work cross-functionally with Dyson internal teams to determine the scope, timing and requirements of a project
• Develop and maintain periodic reports and KPIs
• Play a critical role in P&L reviews and strategic planning/forecasting
• Properly control and manage multiple project status and communicate with executive team members as appropriate to perform project status update and to flag project concerns and risks
• Huge emphasis on increasing picking efficiency to increase operating margin for all e-commerce orders
• Participate in global teams/networks as it relates to direct logistics and provide input
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Master’s Degree preferred
· At least seven (7) years' experience in logistics or related field
· Strong computer skills, including MS excel and SAP