Director of Indirect Procurement
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
We are growing with accelerating speed and we acknowledge that the investment in our support functions has not kept step with our business growth and we now intend to address that. We are looking at how we develop our business “backbone” to ensure that Dyson develops its processes, practices and ways of working to deliver on our expectations for significant growth.
The Director of Indirect Procurement will be responsible for building this function as we continue to scale and expand the business. They will create a strategy to review all of our indirect partners and design plans to maximize these relationships to reduce costs for the organization. This individual will be tasked with leading strategic initiatives across sourcing, contract negotiations, and training. This position will report directly to Dyson Americas CFO.
- Leadership of the regional procurement function, leading business-wide optimization of our cost base by gaining support and cooperation from management teams and key business partners:
- Lead and coordinate sourcing projects to ensure completion to meet project/business needs
- Lead the supplier selection & negotiation process, coordinating the relevant cross-functional teams and ensuring best value from the supplier-base
- Ensure, following contract award, that appropriate supplier relationship and performance management structures and mechanisms are deployed to effectively manage contract adherence & performance
- Support a continuous improvement program to advance procurement processes, governance and capabilities across the group
- Efficiency, cost reduction, optimization, institute and manage RFP process,
- Building procurement best practice in an organization that is rapidly scaling and growing.
- Convert functional strategy into actions with clear accountability for implementation.
- Implement processes and ways of working to ensure we have “just enough” process to deliver business change and control.
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree in business or supply chain is required for this position. (MBA Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience managing indirect categories such as Professional Services, IT and Plant & equipment
- Previously success leading and developing a procurement team and sponsoring business change across the company
- Proven track record in delivering results in favorable and unfavorable conditions
- Working in and leading cross-functional teams
- Successful ability to create supplier relationships & measure supplier performance
- Strong category knowledge and the ability to move across indirect categories. Understanding of the total supply chain value proposition and how it applies to developing the strategy, demonstrates the ability to understand the market and can anticipate trends.
- Self-starter, dynamic and results-driven; able to handle a complex workload and overcome obstacles in a pressurised environment
- Distils complex situations into manageable tasks and interdependencies; captures requirements and manages work scope; where necessary, leads defined elements of a project plan; identifies & mitigates risks; communicates with all stakeholders; delivers project to specification, on time and within established budget
- Is logical and methodical; makes effective inferences & deductions; seldom stops at the first possible solution; quick to consider the implications of the solution
- Clearly communicates at all levels using appropriate tools, techniques and channels in different situations