Distribution Manager (Supply Chain)
Reporting to the Head of Global Logistics, this role primarily focus on the warehousing, distribution & returns/repair/refurbishment flows across the world, interacting with Dyson finance, planning, country supply chain and logistics functions, and externally with transportation providers & brokers towards best in class end-to-end supply chain & logistics excellence.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The Global Logistics and IBP team is responsible for organization and implementation of a complex logistics operation. They plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer's requirements.
What you will do...
- Lead/support network analysis considering customer base, total landed cost and time to serve in meeting business needs.
- Lead/support the setup or renewal of country warehousing and distribution capabilities from the gathering of requirements, preparation and management of RFQ process, negotiation, contracting and project implementation.
- Responsible for establishing provider performance framework globally including the alignment of KPI, productivity and spend measurement, reporting, benchmarking and best practice to identify and implement service and costs opportunities.
- Coach and support the country supply chain and logistics team, where needed for new start-ups, operations or implement initiatives.
- Keep abreast of market developments and apply best practices in the local operations.
- Work cross functionally within and outside the global logistics team on continuous improvement initiatives.
What you should have...
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering.
- At least 5-10 years experience with 3-5 years in a managerial role, in a similar capacity, preferably, from a fast paced consumer goods/electronics environment.
- Demonstrate experience or working knowledge of how distribution fits into the overall supply chain function.
- Proven track record in distribution and provider management, either in shipper/3PL environment, meeting performance requirements and success in implementing improvements working across countries and cultures.
- Data analytics and excellent communications skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Proficient in SAP. Working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and past experience in EDI between SAP and WMS
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll have comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a directorship at Dyson. New opportunities abound in a dynamic, creative environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition..