The individual is required to achieve efficient document control of Dyson information, whilst optimising its effectiveness and maintaining compliance with information-related laws and regulations.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Dyson learnt an early lesson in the value of legal might, winning a gruelling battle against Hoover when it infringed our early cyclone technology patents. Our in-house legal teams have been at the forefront of Dyson ever since. From the information security experts and IP teams doggedly protecting our ideas. To the commercial lawyers and procurement specialists who solve our toughest business challenges across the world.
This is what we need you to do:
-Administer document control practices for both document and records management system for Dyson -Business and Project specific requirements.
- Ensuring that the document creation, change management, accessibility and availability meet current regulatory expectations and industry best practice.
Coordinates the review and revision of procedures, specifications and forms
-Metadata and classification of documents are consistent
-Distribution and accessibility (access control administration)
Work closely with System Administrators, Users and IT to ensure the system is used as intended.
Assists in the compilation of regulatory filing documents and maintains computerized files to support all documentation systems.
Participates in Dyson projects in the continued improvement of the document control system and roll out across projects and business processes
-Leading the development of user requirements, training of users as needed, testing of new functionality and development of Policy and Procedures
- Compile, track and trend, analyse and report key performance indicators and metrics in order to identify areas of non-compliance, best practice and improvement opportunities.
- Prepares information related to the state of the QMS to be used in routine monthly reporting.
Proactively, based on data analysis, recommends to management areas of improvement within the various operations.
- Assists to develop the plan, maintains the program and ensures delivery of the GxP training for RDD personnel. Monitors applicable metrics in order to evaluate whether the program is effective.
Maintains inspection ready procedures, data and records pertaining to the QMS and participates in internal and external audits and regulatory inspections.
- Participates in self-development activities to stay current with regulatory expectations and industry best practices in quality management systems.
- Collaboration and Cross Functional Teams
Work with eDiscovery Specialist to ensure that;
-Information and data is routinely assessed to understand ‘litigation readiness’
-All RDD staff understands their responsibility for managing information to support litigation discovery and disclosure.
- Work with IT to ensure that;
-They understand the legal and regulatory requirements that affect information and data that is processed by RDD (which may include Supply Chain and Operations).
- IT Systems and automated processing is compliant with policy, law and regulation affecting information and data.
Work with RDD Registry and RDD Admin to ensure that;
• All disclosure of information and data to third parties is subject to relevant contractual control for data sharing and transfer
• All disclosure is registered on the Dyson Disclosure Register
Support key stakeholders working in Research, Development and Design (RDD) to manage their information in compliance with internal policy and global law and regulation affecting the collection, transmission, aggregation, management and use of information.
Educate and raise awareness of issues affecting information and data used by RDD.
Provide advice and guidance to resolve issues affecting information and data
Input to projects and business change to ensure that ‘compliance by default’ is achieved
Provide oversight and monitor compliance with policy, legal and regulatory requirements
Support breach response activities where information or data is affected by or key to the resolution of a critical or significant incident
Recognise good document control practice and celebrate success
• Qualification in document control system and its management (or working towards)
• 5 years’ experience in a document and records management function.
• Document and Records management theory and practice.
• Microsoft office and Windows operating system (including Sharepoint).
• Basic Project management.
• Business process analysis.
• Training development and delivery.
• Analysis and interpretation of legal record-keeping requirements.
Document and Records Management Specific:
• Knowledge of current document and records management theory and practice.
• Experience of working in a document control role.
• Experience and understanding of Records Management/Document Control in an engineering discipline (ideally working within a quality management framework aligned to relevant ISO standards).
• Ability to collect and track data, and to analyse data to derive actionable insights.
Project Management Specific:
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to undertake complex analysis / problem solving and communicate the results clearly.
• Ability to organize meetings and workshops to support the delivery of projects.
• Strong planning and time management.
• Ability to work autonomously and manage own workload to deliver to agreed deadlines.
• Ability to co-ordinate and influence others to deliver objectives of projects.
• Ability to work with integrity and efficiently under pressure.
• Ability to support the development of an approach & manage plans to achieve the deliverables related to the role.
• Determined to identify solutions and prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion; focussed on delivery.
• Working in cross-functional teams
• Working in multi-national / multi-lingual teams
• Training delivery