Participate in the research, design and development of Dyson new products from the evaluation of new technologies (drives mechanism) till the implementation of the final product.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Our Design engineering team is the idea factory of Dyson. It’s where we took the bag out of the vacuum. The blades out of a fan. And the heat out of hand dryers. With free-flowing curiosity and creativity, ideas are never in short supply. The key is deciding which ones could change the world and which should, for now, be shelved. This is done by the New Product Innovation team, who pass on the best ideas to New Product Development. Sketching, prototyping, testing, failing and refining follow. It can take months, even years. But those ideas that make it are big. The ones that transform markets.
Work closely with project team engineers to set up machine and test rig for development testing, monitor and analyze test result as well as further improve the drives mechanism.
Oversee performance validation testing and provide improvement or solution as well as implement them into the drives mechanism design.
Ensure Dyson new products (especially drives mechanism) satisfy the targeted performance specification.
- Support multiple development projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proactive, self-starter and able to work independently
- Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Hands on experience on mechanical design, prototype development & validation.
- Good Degree qualified in an Engineering preferably mechanical, product design & etc
- Good knowledge in drive components such as belt, bearing, gear, pulley, grease
Experience in product design environment – direct involvement in plastic part design, tooling, plastic injection molding, assembly process, statistical process control.
- Knowledge of modelling software (i.e: Unigraphic, Solid Edge, Catia, etc)
- Knowledge of programming software such as Labview, Mathlab.
- Basic knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in measuring technique of engineering parameters.
- Good understanding of prototyping and product verification testing.
Strong ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, annual bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.