Dyson Communications Manager
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
At Dyson America’s, we are striving to change the perceptions of an iconic brand. While our history has been built around our world class vacuums, we are so much more. Dyson has become an innovative technology company that is expanding into many new areas including personal care. We are shaping the future for this organization and are looking for talented individuals who are not afraid to take on tough challenges and build capabilities from scratch. The ability for Dyson Americas to increase awareness around this transformation is critical to our success.
This newly created role will lead major initiatives within Dyson communications to drive awareness, interest, excitement and true understanding of Dyson — its ethos, its products, and its future. Develop and drive a wide variety of projects including product launches, awareness campaigns, media relations, copywriting, events and more. This role is instrumental for Dyson in the US. As a member of the wider PR team, you will play an instrumental role in developing a strategy and converting that strategy into action. This positions overall objective is to increase brand awareness, achieving coverage of Dyson in all media — ultimately to aid sales and make Dyson a household name.
- Develop media strategies for key product launches, campaigns, and Dyson’s overall reputation – and execute
- Create PR campaigns and partnerships that propel Dyson’s reputation forward
- Secure regular coverage through technology stories and creative pitches that appeal to key audiences
- Be an active member of a global PR team — serve as a US expert, inform our global strategy, share best practices, identify opportunities and trends
- Oversee day-to-day agency work to drive key results
- Partner with marketing, social media and content teams to ensure integrated and effective communications, and creatively bolster key initiatives through channels outside of traditional media
- Copywriting and editing across a range of written communications including press releases, pitches, social media posts and more
- Monitor press coverage about Dyson and relevant industries; recommend new approaches to spark awareness of Dyson in the US
- Set aspirational goals and don’t stop at results — continuously evaluate work and implement learnings
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8 years of communications experience
- Passionate about technology, eager to try new products and interested in health, wellness and beauty.
- Understands US media and has a proven ability to develop, pitch, and secure press stories.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and ability to focus on the long term while crafting and executing on supporting tactics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - takes an assertive, persuasive, and articulate approach when presenting complex information.
- Creative, innovative and eager to explore new approaches. Promotes considered risk taking, balanced by good judgment and logical reasoning.
- Thrives in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment.
- Self-driven team player. Builds strong relationships and works co-operatively with others while also operating efficiently and effectively as an individual contributor.
- Approaches work with energy, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor. Likes to work hard and has fun doing it.
- Strong organization and project management skills; able to manage and stick to budgets and deadlines.