End User Computing Engineer - Microsoft *Contractor Required*
£Competitive Day rate
We are seeking to appoint a talented and experianced 2nd / 3rd line Microsoft Desktop Support Engineer to perform a key role in assisting our staff with an escalation point for technical queries.
Tucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire, but only 15 minutes from the M4 and well connected by rail, our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 3,500 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, it’s an inspirational place to work and the PLM team is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
Supporting 10,000 users globally and an increasing number of endpoints the End User Computing Team maintain everything that the client touches at a 2nd and 3rd line level. Across desktop and mobile using technologies and applications including Apple, Microsoft, Skype for business, Polycom, Airwatch, Casper, SCCM, SNOW and much more. Managing all assets whether hardware, software or license the team are fast paced, technically astute and understand the importance of service.
• To provide second and third level support to high calibre customers and personnel
• You will support the first/second line team to resolve issues that come into the service
• desk acting as a point of escalation for more challenging issues
• Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets
• Proactively help resolve tickets where required
• To participate as a project resource as and when required
• Participate in on call rota as required
• Experience as an end user computing level 2nd and 3rd line analyst or similar role within IT
• Knowledge of the ITIL framework
• Proven technical support experience and customer facing skills
• Windows 7 & 10
• Microsoft Office suite
• Active Directory Users and Computers
• Exchange Management Console
• Networking knowledge covering LAN/WLAN/vLAN/WAN technologies
• Support of desktop hardware
• Knowledge of GPO deployment and configuration
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.