Electrical Safety Tester
- Responsible for executing all electrical inspection and portable appliance testing in accordance with Dyson Electrical safety testing guidance, relevant legislation and HSE Guidance.
- This will span a variety of property types and locations, but will focus predominantly on the UK headquarters at Malmesbury.
- We anticipate that this role will focus mainly on the RDD side of the business.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson, whether at the headquarters in Malmesbury or globally, is growing at a rapid pace, and the estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive and progressive working environment the estates team needs expertise in key areas – Electrical Safety within the Estates Management function is one of these areas.
- Be the point of contact for all RDD employees who require equipment to be inspected and tested.
- Support all RDD areas as well as Group/GB&I in the provision of PAT testing for all generic electrical items in the 210/240 voltage range to ensure electrical safety is paramount prior to use and on an ongoing basis.
- Undertake electrical inspections with the Health & Safety Advisor to ensure safe working practices are being followed and electrical items have current PAT tests.
- Ensure Electrical test equipment used by the team is calibrated and suitable for the task.
- To remain current on regulations for the IEC code of practice covering service inspections and testing of electrical equipment.
- Contribute towards the implementation and maintenance of a new testing database and record management system.
- Deliver excellent customer service within agree key performance indicators.
- Have a formal and current qualification in Electrical PAT testing.
- Experience: In testing experimental items containing electrical components.
- Knowledge of electronics would be an advantage. Ability to apply safe working practices while performing PAT tests.
- Ability to spot electrical safety hazards due to defective casing, construction, malfunction or incorrect wiring.
- Experience of working with defined health & safety procedures and guidance. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence. Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions. #
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives where necessary.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of expertise in the electrical testing process in order to gain stakeholder confidence.
- Assertive; prepared to take action where required.
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software.
- Willingness to show initiative and desire for self-improvement.
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount
- Sports centre
- Subsidized cafe and restaurants