Electronic Test Engineer with Labview
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Technology is at the heart of Dyson and we develop world class electronics to maintain the world beating performance and reliability of our products. As the complexity increases, so does the challenge to our systems test capability. We need test engineers who can embrace this challenge and design test systems that are as innovative and exciting as our products are. Our team tests the full range of Dyson products including lighting, environmental control and robotics, and we develop new ways to test the secret new ideas for future ones. We test our autonomous robots in a laboratory with state of the art motion tracking systems, and develop complex HIL simulators to create novel test scenarios. This is a highly technical role, working with a broad range of technologies in a fast paced, creative and highly collaborative working environment.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
When you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
- Understand how products function and what determines good or bad performance.
- Work with project teams to capture test requirements. Be ambitious at creating test solutions.
- Take ownership of electronics hardware and software testing across a number of different product categories
- Specify test equipment and tools and infrastructure required for testing
- Work with test engineers and project leads to help manage the flow and presentation of meaningful test results.
- Interface with engineers and managers to promote test engineering best practice.
- Contribute to the definition and refinement of test engineering processes.
- Certified LabView Developer / LabView Architect
- Experience testing a range of different electronic devices.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in Electronics, Electrical or Systems Engineering.
- Experience creating test methods and specifying test equipment.
- Demonstrable experience with Python and / or C++
- Demonstrable experience with Matlab for data analysis and presentation
- Good organisational skills, able to handle a broad and complex workload.
- Proven, structured approach to engineering validation, test procedures and equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience planning and managing test campaigns over multiple complex projects
- Experience with database tools for test result management
- Knowledge of technical management / leadership within an electronics development environment.
- Experience of Requirements Management, System Design & Specification, Integration, Test Planning etc.
- Good organizational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others
Please note all applications for this role close on 11th January 2018.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.