Electronics -Category Team Leader
Category Lead is responsible to lead a team of highly driven project leads, create and drive product strategy for the region of South East Asia.
Act as single point contact with UK category managers and perform forecasting project capacity planning to ensure implementation meets current and future business needs.
Responsible align with UK category managers on projects roadmap technologies. Identify all action items requiring building up SEA capability to meet project’s needs.
Responsible track programs against its schedule, budget and against objectives, reporting status to management on a regular basis and executive staff on an as needed basis.
Participate in cross projects development teams within the electronics to ensure and communicate program deliverables, priorities, and timeline targets based on design requirements.
Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk strategies
Responsible for clear communication of electronics status, ensuring the relevant risks and priorities are clearly communicated to the Head of SEA electronics, Program Manager and Head of Category SEA.
Proactively manage and mitigate project risks, and maintain risk management, critical path analysis, impact assessment, and risk response plan. Identify all action items
Ensure that the right product within his/her category is developed to meet or exceed Company's quality standard and is delivered at the right time.
Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple engineering & function groups.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
When you invent something, the right technology to support it often doesn’t exist. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled Dyson ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
- Defined the Business Case for the project.
- Defined the high-level requirements for the project and describe their priority and relevance to the business need.
- Define of the facilities and tools required to support the project
- Clearly stating the objective & deliverable of the work to be completed on each milestone.
- Design requirements management and documenting the specific goal/target of each.
- Provide necessary resource (engineer, time, and budget) in the event of project late transfer / transfer with risk or known unsolved issue.
- Responsible for the management of the team’s plans to deliver to project deadlines
- Responsible for tracking activities against plan and responding to them
- Review transferred spec, design and technical documents
- Review all relevant status prior to project transfer to ensure engineering and timing risks are identified at the point of transfer.
- Responsible for communication between other Engineering Team Leaders and Design Managers to ensure assembly integration in good place
- Perform DFMEA and SFMEA towards the electronic solution developed.
- Main contact point on support operation issue related with PCBA manufacturing e.g.. Material query, BOM readiness.
Master or Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Communication) or equivalent.
Proven leadership (managed direct reports) and problem solving ability.
Experience in Product development flow and PCBA assembly.
Program / Project knowledge and has led projects for cross teams.
Consumer electronic project management.
Past experience in R&D for consumer electronic.
Understanding on product regulatory compliance
Go the extra mile to do his / her work; is self-driven and self-reliant to achieve design excellence. Both a team player and independent worker.
Experience working in a multinational or global electronics company.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team.
Fluent in spoken and written English.
At least 7 years and above of working experience in the related field.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.