SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
An exciting opportunity to be part of the Electronics Group at Dyson, involved with the development of new and novel products across all product categories.
Dyson Singapore was established in 2004 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
Responding to global growth and our expanding technology portfolio, a £100m investment in our new West Park facility has increased motor manufacturing to 11 million units a year. It’s now also where we manufacture our hand dryers and fans. And with about 800 people –15% of Dyson’s global workforce – it’s destined to play an even bigger role in our future success.
When you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
- Work across a complete category of products, as part of multiple multidisciplinary development teams; taking responsibility for the requirements, functions, specifications, risk management, interfaces and testing at the system level.
- Negotiating with the ‘Product Design Team’ to capture, analyze and translate the product needs required by that product into an Electronics System requirements,
- Support the category manager / project leads in the capture, maintenance and communication of the electronics system design.
- Coordinate between individual engineering disciplines within electronics (e.g. Hardware, Wiring, Software, Firmware, Algorithms) to define the electronics system architecture solution and how it translates into design specifications for individual hardware and software elements.
- Masters or Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years related working experience within research or development department and at-least 2 years on Requirements Management, System Design & Specification, Integration, Test Planning etc.
- Experience of design and integrate multi-disciplinary electronic systems and its modules.
- A recognized expert in system engineering specialty with a proven track record of identifying and solving engineering problems at system level.
- Experienced and/or trained in: Requirements management tools, UML, SysML, Design traceability, System Performance Modelling, System & Design FMEA
- Broad and in-depth experience in a product development environment including:
- Idea generation;
- Problem solving;
- Theoretical and practical experimentation;
- Development and testing (including reliability testing);
- Detail design;
- Broad range of manufacturing techniques and proven implementation;
- Approvals (sign-off) including technical drawing;
- Design and Research reviews;
- Pre-production support;
- Post production support.
- Experience of effectively guiding and mentoring teams and individuals when required.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to effectively communicate with all levels within the business.
- Drive to demonstrate and lead the highest standards of engineering.
- Ability to influence and motivate others.
- A creative and practical approach.
- Drive and enthusiasm to implement ideas and solutions.
- Good planning and workload management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure we offer a competitive salary and management bonus. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only one part of a successful career at Dyson. Professional growth, leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.