£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
• Explore functions and concepts with the product designers to understand the potential user benefits and technical solutions.
• Deliver definitions and specifications of the electronic systems into our product development teams.
• Solve complex product level problems in novel ways.
• Perform tests of new technologies and identify potential solutions.
• Design, build and test electronic systems.
• Present your work to peers and key decision makers.
• Self-motivated, creative thinking generalist.
• Fundamental knowledge of both hardware and software.
• Good communications skills.
• Experience in prototyping, implementing and testing of electronics systems.
• Experience of programming in one or more of: Embedded C, Embedded C++, Labview, Matlab, Python, and Unity.
• Experience of prototyping with one or more of: Arduino, Raspberry Pi, custom built PCBs.