Electronics Systems Architect
£Competitive + 27 Days + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
- Work with Product Level system engineers to provide the first level of electronics system requirements for a product.
- Work with each of the electronics functional domains, hardware, software, test, to produce level 2 requirements providing additional functional resolution and detail.
- Work with each functional domain to establish the most appropriate solution. Establish whether an existing solution on the roadmap is appropriate or where new solutions need to be implemented.
- Ensure functional domain solutions are coherent with each other across the product and in line with product evolutions.
- Support domains to deal with specification changes, understanding and establishing impacts to level 1 and 2 requirements and their follow on impacts to the functional domains.
- To act as an architectural point of contact to the Technical Project Manager and as a technical intermediary between the TPM and functional domain leads.
- A good degree in electronic engineering, physics, computing or similar subject
- Sound understanding of requirements management and the system design process.
- Experience of the full engineering lifecycle from requirements capture through to test and integration, and all associated documentation.
- Flexible and enthusiastic with ability to deliver on schedule
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact with subject matter experts across a range of technical and operational topics.
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical design documentation
- Team Player capable of working jointly with others from various disciplines to reach a consensus agreement.
- Good organisational skills, able to plan and manage tasks ,working independently as well as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Design tools (e.g. Sparx EA, Rhapsody, UML, SYSML)
- Embedded software development experience
- Experience of internet connectivity and related protocols
- System design of small or medium sized projects
- Experience of all stages of the software development lifecycle from requirements elicitation to software validation.