Software Test Engineer
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
o Work as part of a multidisciplinary development team, taking responsibility for the requirements, functions, specifications, risk management, interfaces and testing/evaluating at the system level.
o Support the product technical lead in the capture, maintenance and communication of the electronics system design.
o Act as a focal point between individual engineering disciplines within electronics (e.g. Hardware, Wiring, Software, Firmware, Algorithms).
o Interface with safety, reliability, and user experts to pro-actively highlight and analyse potential issues with the design.
- Test software products for overall stability and reliability.
- Develop test strategies; create test plans and test cases for regression, functional and performance testing of products.
- Develop automation test scripts, improve test efficient.
- Work directly with the software development engineers during the software development process. Apply the principles of the software development life cycle throughout the entire QA.
- Participate in product meetings throughout the development and QA process to help guide the delivery of a quality product.
- Report problems via the defect tracking system. Analyze, research, and track software defects through their resolution. Verify code fixes and sign off on resolutions
- Analyze test results and prepare test summary reports.
- Review and analyze software requirements for completeness, lack of ambiguity, and testability.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance in embedded systems for Linux / RTOS / Firmware
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Possess a good understanding of software development life cycles, basic electronics hardware, its interfacing to software systems and a basic knowledge of power electronics circuitry.
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Software and SQA processes and methodologies in a software development environment.
- Experience with version control systems and automated testing tools.