Battery Test Technician
Dyson has an opportunity for Battery Test Technician to join the highly successful Powertrain group within in its Electric Vehicle Engineering Team based at its Hullavington HQ.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Also as part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 517 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
- Operate battery testbeds to carry out pre-defined tests.
- Carry out day-to-day maintenance tasks to keep battery testbeds operational (e.g. calibration, minor fault fixing with test engineers).
- Hands-on swap over of batteries on testbeds including mechanical and electrical connections.
- Liaise with prototype build teams to coordinate battery movements on and off testbeds.
- Liaise with battery engineers on test scheduling.
- HND in Engineering (NVQ Level 4 or equivalent is beneficial but not essential)
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) for simple reporting and recording
- Strong team working skills, to work with testbed engineers and battery engineers
- Ability to perform methodical problem solving
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach, and work with a can-do attitude
- Experience of AVL battery testbed operation is beneficial but not essential
- Electric vehicle powertrain test experience is beneficial but not essential
- Automotive high voltage experience is beneficial but not essential
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines