Senior Electronic Technician
This role sits within the Motors and Power Systems team of our automotive function.
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
- Assembly of high voltage propulsion systems using build documentation and jigs/ fixtures where relevant
- Conducting tests on sub-assemblies and in-vehicle assemblies. Typically involving both mechanical and electrical tests and result/data recording
- Liaising with engineers to specify build requirements and procedures and assist with planning
- Supporting set up and calibration of test equipment
- Following quality system generated build procedures where applicable, and feeding back any procedural issues
- Inspection of incoming components and reporting stock levels for re-ordering
- Fabrication and machining work as required
- Relevant practically based mechanical or electrical qualification (at least NVQ 4 or equivalent)
- Experience in a motorsport, automotive or similar precision prototype or low volume production and development environment
- Ideally, experience of building High Voltage Batteries
- Working knowledge of electrical circuits, some electrical testing experience would be preferred
- Basic computer literacy with experience of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines