Electronics Test Development Engineer
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we
have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our
new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes
from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre
houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors
laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications
laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to
develop its analytics-driven activities.
- Work with design team to define electronics solution’s tester requirement & specification:
Review tester architecture and test strategies that address efficient defect detection, manufacturing process flow, and cost.
Ensure test requirements that are, clear, achievable, and appropriate for production testing
Ensure define robust and supportable equipment solutions that meet requirements
Ensure develop and execute verification plans and acceptance test procedures
Ensure robustness of the tester in manufacturing environment
- Drive for Design for Test (DfT)
DfT design reviews for new products; communicate the impact on PCBA design and cost
Develop in house tester to assist in house electronics solution verification and product validation test
- Standardize electronics solution’s test requirements for key product lines
- Drive knowledge sharing of past root cause corrective actions across the team
- Required to capture technology related Lessons Learned items and include these in the Lessons Learned register. Each item must be evaluated to ensure that the Lessons Learned database avoids errors, conflicting information, repetition and invalid claims. Significant lessons should be brought to business attention.
- Minimum of 3-4 years related working experience within research & development or test department especially developing test solutions for electronic products
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Communication) or equivalent.
- Experience in a manufacturing test engineering position in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred.
- Advanced technical skills including circuit analysis, system engineering, test software coding, and technical writing
- Advanced knowledge of electronic test instrumentation including DMM’s, signal generators and analyzers, oscilloscopes, digitizers/data acquisition, spectrum analyzers, switching, frequency counters, and power meters
- Advanced understanding of analog and digital measurement techniques and design margin principals
- Advanced test software development skills with LabVIEW, TestStand, LabWindows/CVI, C, C++, VB, or other language
- Advanced knowledge of serial communication protocols and hardware including CAN, SPI, I2C, HDMI, Ethernet, and USB
- Experience developing test solutions for wireless technologies such as 802.11, ZigBee, GSM, Bluetooth, GPS, and cell technologies
- Intermediate to advanced schematic capture skills
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of manufacturing processes
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of statistical data analysis (MSA, SPC, GR&R)
- Advanced hands-on problem solving, troubleshooting, and system integration skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues, initiate action plans, and make effective decisions to obtain resolution.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast-paced, evolving, and growing environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills; root cause analysis, statistical methods
Experience of effectively guiding and mentoring teams and individuals.