Engineer - Thermal Analysis
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
These roles sit within the Vehicle Integration Team of our automotive function.
The Thermal Engineers will be involved in the full range of thermal analysis, test and development activities required to assess the impact and interactions of the key thermal management areas of a vehicle from early product concept stage and be responsible for providing analytical oversight of key areas of the whole product thermal management solution for a new product; working with the product engineering team to advise on ‘best practise’ from past experience, helping develop and validate new concepts, generate and run analysis to support product development through to production. This includes integrating with the product team in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude with a desire to deliver quality, robust and innovative solutions and presenting to senior management to help guide development of the product.
Support design and development with numerical approaches, model analysis and testing of thermal solution.
Provide design advice and guidance to Design Managers and Engineers, taking on a role of responsibility for the assigned area from early concept stage.
Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques.
Conduct detailed testing and theoretical analysis of concepts to increase understanding and insight within the team.
Develop test methodology and procedures with support of test team using current facilities and help to define and specify further equipment requirements.
Liaise with other analysis and test teams to plan and perform experimental validations, comparing post-processed results with simulations and make informed design recommendations.
Generation of proposals and reports.
- An excellent/Master’s degree in Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with focus on thermal aspects desirable (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- Experience of automotive Thermal analysis, development and test.
- Excellent fundamental understanding of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics principles
- Proven experience modelling thermal system interactions using simulation packages (3D FEA and CFD or similar, 1D system modelling, Excel/VB).
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and take a guiding role relating to thermal solutions development and problem solving to ensure delivery of robust production capable solutions.A good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
- Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently and take on new challenges readily.
- Excellent team-working skills.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.