Competitive + benefits
Reporting to the Principle Engineer, Range and Efficiency Engineer will be responsible for all or part of a Range and Efficiency Development including Simulation and Validation.
- Lead Range & Efficiency simulation and vehicle level validation tests.
- Run regular Range & Efficiency reviews with relevant groups, assign tasks and ensure progress on priority items.
- Set vehicle and system level targets and align with PALS attribute target.
- Ensure compliance to market regulatory and type approval requirements.
- For issues not easily resolved, ensure engagement of senior management to review options and suggest a solution.
- Prepare plans and presentations for key milestone events as required
- Ensure timely development of range & efficiency solutions to support the overall programme timing
- Work with other functional areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- Vehicle range and efficiency simulation (experience on EV projects preferable).
- Able to liaise with Product Design and systems engineering teams to analyse data, identify risk and work on resolutions.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
Strong team work and influencing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and work with a can-do attitude.