Enterprise Solutions Architect
Reporting to the Head of Solutions Architecture, you will be responsible for leading a team of architects covering design of Dyson’s core Enterprise solutions.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end-to-end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
- Covering the needs of the existing Sales / Logistics and Finance based design changes of our core SAP ERP system
- Facilitation of regular design based changes ranging from the introduction of new markets to the resolution of change requests to improve system capability
- Leading the next major design step change for SAP ECC – a move to the SAP HANA platform – a multi-year multi-step business critical change in the way out ERP capability is provided
- Supporting the needs of a newly formed programme of work to deploy a global cloud based HR platform for Dyson
- Working with senior business stakeholders to elicit business plans that drive overall solution architecture and strategy for the Enterprise solutions application landscape.
- Identification of options to address business and technical challenges and fill gaps between business strategy and application capabilities
- Communicating design decisions to key stakeholders to ensure the solution is understood, opportunities for improvement are identified and delivery of the correct solution is achieved
- Working with third parties and partners to understand future trends, innovation and opportunities to build roadmaps for the Enterprise solutions application landscape.
- Develop and maintain architecture models, technology strategies and solution roadmaps that articulate and guide application strategy.
- Act as the design authority point of contact for working projects within your solution landscape
- Ensure adherence to the core IT Application Strategy and Design principles in alignment with Dyson’s own Enterprise Architect
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- A technical background inclusive of databases, applications, infrastructure, Cloud, development.
- Ability to identify technology, functionality and methods that could be of significant benefit to Dyson and driving those through into successful implementation.
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements.
- Being able to put the business first and make hard decisions.
- Knowledge and experience of Teamcenter Reporting & Analytics.
- Background in design engineering.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines