We are looking for experienced Equipment Engineers to join the Manufacturing team with the ability to work cross functionally, prioritise and make things happen. Supporting the business to manufacture Dyson Digital Motor, this person should be excited about the challenges and growth that this opportunity will give to them.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
- Minimise equipment downtime with Best-In-Class indices for OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc.
- Execute effective PM & production line support.
- Develop a competent technical support team & minimize reliance on equipment suppliers technical support.
- Develop the necessary technical competencies and equipment capabilities to meet operational performance targets within the approved equipment budget
- Establish plans and strategies to meet and surpass manufacturing performance indices (eg OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc), set targets/goals and projects for the section to reduce defects, minimize scrap, asset cost per unit
- Provide guidance and training to the maintenance team in order to enhance the effectiveness of trouble shooting and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure smooth start up of new equipment together with manufacturing engineers and equipment vendors
- Establish all equipment specifications, troubleshooting and PM procedures, and ensure their compliance with corporate & regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Liaise with equipment vendors and spare parts suppliers continuously to develop new methods to achieve low cost maintenance system and cost excellence
- Manage equipment servicing contracts with suppliers.
- Lead and drive the team to participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality, utilization & productivity using Six-Sigma or similar applicable methodology such as Cpk, FMEA, TPM, Lean, etc.
- possess a Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics/ Electronics Engineering or equivalent discipline
- come with minimum 3 - 5 years working experience in the field of Automation and Equipment Engineering
- be proficiency in automated equipment troubleshooting techniques and preventive maintenance methodology
- have good knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems
- be able to read and understand mechanical blueprints and electronic schematics
- need to be have strong problem-solving & analytical skills, as well as good knowledge in Cpk & statistics
- possess good leadership/presentation/communication/team building skills
- be self motivated, hands on and a good team player
- have the ability to work under pressure
- have demonstrated your ability to design and implement effective systems, processes and information/reporting mechanisms.
- are experienced with servo motors, pneumatics, Staubli robots, Siemens PLC, Labview software, tool design and CAD drawing