Equipment Supervisor - Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
This is an opportunity for an experienced Equipment Supervisor to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth
Dyson Philippines was established in 2016 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- Work collaboration with production to achieve the desired quality & output.
- Plan and organise the technician resource to support the production loading plan.
- Develop the necessary technical competencies and equipment capabilities to meet operational performance targets
- Provide guidance and training to the maintenance team in order to enhance the effectiveness of trouble shooting and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure smooth start up of new equipment together with manufacturing engineers and equipment vendors
- Establish all equipment specifications, troubleshooting and PM procedures, and ensure their compliance with corporate & regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Manage equipment servicing contracts with suppliers.
- Lead and drive the team to participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality, utilisation & productivity using Six-Sigma or similar applicable methodology such as Cpk, FMEA, TPM, Lean, etc.
- Working hour – 12 hrs rotating Day & Night shift
- Resource management for technician.
- Execute effective PM & production line support.
- Develop a competent technical support team & minimize reliance on equipment suppliers technical support.
- Work collaboration with production (cross functional team, Production, Process/ Product Engineering & QA) to achieve the desired quality & output.
- Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years working experience in managing a group of the field of Automation and Equipment Engineering
- Proficiency in automated equipment troubleshooting techniques and preventive maintenance methodology
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills with good knowledge in Cpk & statistics.
- Good leadership/presentation/communication/team building skills.
- Self motivated, hands on and good team player
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and to identify issues and propose solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement effective systems, processes and information/reporting mechanisms.