Singapore Advance Manufacturing is where some of the world's brightest engineering minds come together to produce the digital motors in Dyson products. It pushes the boundaries of science & technology.
Dyson Singapore was established in 2004 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
Responding to global growth and our expanding technology portfolio, a £100m investment in our new West Park facility has increased motor manufacturing to 11 million units a year. It’s now also where we manufacture our hand dryers and fans. And with about 800 people –15% of Dyson’s global workforce – it’s destined to play an even bigger role in our future success.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- Provide technical support to production operation in meeting output & quality.
- Provide first level trouble shooting & resolve production stoppages due to equipment issues
- Document & report all line stoppages due to equipment or technical issue.
- Monitor machine output and ensure it meets the standard throughput.
- Replenish production materials where applicable in the respective work stations.
- Perform process control checks where applicable.
- Participate in preventive maintenance & calibration checks for production & measuring equipment as scheduled.
- Participate in line set-up activities.
- Ensure work stations are in excellent 5S housekeeping condition.
- Work with engineers & production in continuous improvement projects.
- Minimise equipment downtime & ensure production meets target output & yield.
- Execute effective preventive maintenance & production line support.
- Manage efficient spares inventory & cost reduction in maintenance
- Setting high standards for yourself & fellow colleagues, and consistently strive for different and better
- Flexibility and initiative. You pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told.
- Forward Thinking. You think ahead and foresee issues and solutions.
- Collaborative working. You consistently share your knowledge and findings with others in a clear and accessible way.
- Business Focus: You know what’s important for Dyson.
- You work well with key individuals and align your efforts with departmental and business priorities.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy comprehensive medical care and insurance, and shift and transport allowances. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and voluntary workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition