£30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + 27 days holidays plus bank holidays + Free Gym onsite
Dyson, whether at the headquarters in Malmesbury or globally, is growing at a rapid pace, and the estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive and progressive working environment and to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business we are looking for an Estates Surveyor to work within this relatively new team.
Asset management – Develop and maintain asset register to inform lifecycle replacement programme. Develop and rollout space utilisation standards and corporate workplace design guide.
Communication – be the central point of contact for site facilities coordinators on all operational property matters and lead regular Estate forums in the UK.
Third party relationships – positive interaction with landlords, consultants, and local authorities and local communities.
Minor projects – project and cost management of property upgrades and improvements.
Compliance and Health and Safety – act as ambassador for H&S, and approve RAMS and issue permits etc. where necessary.
Working environment – support a progressive and agile working culture, furniture solutions and seating plans. Oversee churn projects and liaise with internal teams to oversee physical changes.
Estate information management – develop and manage site records.
Financial management – support the estate manager in the accurate budgeting and reporting of all property expenditure and income.
- Qualifications; approaching MRICS qualification/just qualified building/estates surveyor or similar. Experience in a similar position within a major organisation.
- Broad experience; knowledge of a wide range of property matters
- Experience of occupational and construction related health & safety desirable.
- Experience of prioritization under pressure, team and supplier management
- Strong communicator; ability to convey issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives, and willingness to show initiative.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of expertise of all building and estate issues and their dependencies in order to gain stakeholder confidence
- Assertive; readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software. Ideally AutoCAD proficiency and experience at a basic level.