FEA Engineer (R&D)
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Our Mechanical Engineer-Analysts work within a team of like minded engineering problem solvers, you will be responsible for the application of fundamental physical theories and pragmatic methods to provide insight, understanding and ultimately brilliant products to the business.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Manage technical risk (Structural and Molding) in projects. Work within a project team to deliver new products.
- Drive designs forward and ensure correct decisions are made at all stages of the design process through experimental validation and other relevant analysis methods
- Provide and co-ordinate analytical support to new and existing products.
- Deliver concise accurate results - these maybe as a result of a computational simulation, a hand calculation or an experimental test.
- Analyze test results, summarize and communicate to other members of RDD including senior mangers and directors.
- Liaise with development teams to ensure an effective transfer of technology into our product range.
- Provide Design-For-Manufacturability (Molding) support to Design and Operation team.
- Promote best practice in Structural and Molding design
- Identify and develop new opportunities/tools/methods with the aim of enhancing the performance, reliability and time to market of Dyson products.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical/mechatronics engineering or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in mechanical product analysis & development. Fresh graduate with excellent academic results and design experience are also welcomed.
- A good working knowledge of fundamental solid mechanics, engineering mechanics, and structural mechanics.
- A good understanding of the principles and application of structural analysis (FEA), and/or molding process analysis, modal/vibration analysis. Experience with commercial FEA software package (eg. ANSYS, ABAQUS) is essential.
- Competence in the use and application of CAD/CAE tools in general but specifically the UG, SOLIDWORKS and ANSYS suite of products.
- Experience in hardware and software for measurement and data acquisition (e.g. B&K Pulse, strain gauge, MATLAB and Labview, etc.) is preferred.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, both written and especially oral at a technical level.
- Initiative and be proactivity: Able to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told.
- Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
- Concern for accuracy: Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality.
- Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.