£45,000 - 50,000
- Based at our exciting new site in Hullavington, Wiltshire, this role will be responsible for all facilities matters, and will be the single point of contact for occupier groups, visitors and all suppliers using and visiting the site.
- Critical to success will be positive interaction with key stakeholders to drive an excellent user experience.
- Working with and alongside other user groups on site including; project staff, admin/reception staff the role may involve some line management.
- Liaison with the 24/7 on site security team will also be essential.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson, whether at the headquarters in Malmesbury or globally, is growing at a rapid pace, and the estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive and progressive working environment and to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business we are looking for a Facilities Operations Manager, Estates to work within this relatively new team.
- Supervision – provide onsite guidance and direction to all estates staff including; reception, catering, Health & Safety and grounds maintenance.
- Oversee visitor management working with the Dyson security and reception teams. Coordinate all VIP visits including liaising with security, Executive PA’s etc.
- Health & Safety – Under the direction of the H&S Manager, UK and working with the H&S Advisor, Hullavington; be the onsite point of contact for all site related H&S issues, coordinating with the central H&S team as required.
- Working environment – support the estates surveyor in promoting a progressive and agile working culture and liaise with internal teams to plan physical changes to any existing buildings.
- Working with the in-house projects, maintenance and facilities team and the end users coordinate all physical minor works on site, report progress, completion and any concerns regarding quality, and make the necessary arrangements for staff if any disruption is caused during works.
- Work with the end user programme management lead to programme RDD project installations and ensure the wider Estates team are notified and involved where necessary.
- Estate information management – develop and manage site records; including, licences, utility bills, drawings, operating manuals, service provider details, maintenance contracts, emergency contact details and process. Compile and manage the onsite asset register.
- Administration – Day to day administration including; preparing reports, spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations in relation to the use of the facility.
- Financial management – support the estate surveyor/manager in the accurate budgeting and reporting of all property expenditure and income.
- Produce purchase orders in support of estates activity and liaise with finance/estates teams to oversee payment of suppliers. Liaise with local management and end users to ensure the customer (staff and visitors) accommodation needs are met, including arranging catering and events as required.
- Contractor management - Manage all contractors when on site, and report/liaise on reactive works, such as water leaks, power failures etc. via the Estates helpdesk.
- Community - Liaise with local community, and adjoining land owners to ensure DTL’s interests are protected at all times.
- Facilities qualification preferable. (MBIFM) Alternatively at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, site and or organisation.
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Highly organised, attention to detail with experience of prioritization under pressure.
- Strong communicator; ability to convey issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount
- Sports centre
- Subsidized cafe and restaurants