Facilities Project Engineer
This is an opportunity for an experienced Facilities Engineer to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth. You will come with facilities maintenance and capital project management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. You will be familiar with new production line setups, facilities upgrading, facilities requirements of (not limited to) compressed dry air, ACMV and process exhaust.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
- Evaluate problems and opportunities and develop solutions
- Develop project requirements and estimate costs
- Manage capital project scope , budget , and schedule throughout the project life cycle
- Procure materials and equipment to support the project
- Manage and coordinate project design review and develop construction documents
- Manage quality control through all phases of project
- Support departmental process improvement efforts based on annual objects
- Support and work with maintenance team
- Support external warehouse on improvement works
- Explore energy savings initiatives
- Back up for the Facilities Engineer during his absence
- Study trending of Equipment faults and develop solution
- Support Production Equipment 's decommissioning /move out / installation on electrical and exhaust requirement
- possess a minimum Diploma in an Engineering or equivalent discipline
- come with minimum 5 years of working experience in facilities maintenance and project management, in a manufacturing environment
- have effective project scope conceptualization skills
- be proficient in MS office software
- be disciplined and demonstrates good organization and documentation skills
- have effective communication skills, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills