Facilities Project Manager
£Competitive + Pension + Bonus
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the scoping, analysing, designing and delivering of complex and diverse Capital Projects from inception to completion across Dyson’s UK estate portfolio in a timely manner. The Project Manager will be expected to challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
The position is office-based, either at Malmesbury or Hullavington but may also involve some travel to other Dyson properties & sites.
In particular, the Project Manager will be expected to:
· Manage and deliver complex and diverse capital projects from inception to completion across Dyson’s UK Estate portfolio within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
· Have a sufficient level of understanding to be able to communicate the projects status to senior management
· Be able to challenge project scope and key requirements when required.
· Contribute to larger organisation-wide capital delivery programmes within or across specialist areas to meet established operational targets.
· Coordinate and communicate project status between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input
· Resolve conflicts and lead solutions
Manage, govern and organise project related information.
- Relevant experience working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Relevant Degree in design, engineering, construction or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project.
- Able to demonstrate project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Proven experience of successful partnering with third party suppliers and stakeholders ie designers, statutory and regulatory bodies, consultants and contractors.
- Ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of design and construction processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project cycle.
- Proven ability to prioritise and co-ordinate workloads, monitor and evaluate work, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Project management qualification (PMP / PRINCE2 / AGILE) and can bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit the project.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Recognised ability to apply initiative and strategic awareness to problem solving and decision making.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.