Field Service Engineer - Wigan
£22,000 - £24,000 + benefits
- Driven to turn owners into passionate advocates of the brand, our team makes each experience rewarding. It requires in-depth knowledge and genuine passion for Dyson technology.
- We never miss an opportunity to talk about and demonstrate our latest technology – and frequently sell products as well as solve problems.
- Bringing their well-loved Dyson products back to tip-top condition, demonstrating and selling new Dyson products to them.
- With a basic 39 hours per week there will also be some weekend calls, you will work one Saturday in four with a shorter finish on Fridays to compensate.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Our Customer Service team epitomises Dyson’s problem-solving ethos. It’s a great life on the road, meeting Owners within your designated territory. It’s our responsibility to deliver truly world-class customer service and after-sales support.
The GB&I Field Service department is a key player in Dyson’s overall success, working directly with our Owners to provide great customer service, drive loyalty and demonstrate and sell our latest technology. The Field Service team is regarded as one of the most exciting teams in the business, comprising of 140 expert engineers with full UK coverage and a specific workshop facility for out-of-field repairs.
- Delight our Owners by delivering a world-class customer experience in every call, every day positively contributing to the Area, Regional and National NPS target.
- Inspire our Owners to drive loyalty, awareness and acquisition of Dyson products by passionately demonstrating our latest technology and explaining the benefits to our Owners in every call as appropriate.
- Deliver an industry leading first time fix rate through the repair and service of all Dyson technology (including Airblades) within the customer’s home, workplace or business, in a timely manner, whilst adhering to all technical, health & safety requirements and completing an agreed number of jobs per day as set by your line manager.
- Support the exciting growth of the Dyson Direct Channel by exceeding your sales, conversion and revenue targets for finished goods and accessories as set by your Line Manager.
- Manage your van stock to an agreed standard, ensuring your stock accuracy is at 100% at all times throughout the year.
- Ensure that all banking and administration procedures are completed in line with the business requirements and to an acceptable standard.
- Complete tactical initiatives on behalf of internal departments as required whist relishing the opportunity to pick up new activities that contribute to the success of the Field Service team and overall business.
- You’ll need to be open to new ways of working whilst embracing exciting new technology as we develop it.
- You must have face-to-face Customer Service experience, great technical skills when it comes to repair and an ability to sell.
- A natural problem solver with great attention to detail you’ll also need to keep on top of your processes such as van stock accuracy.
- You should have great interpersonal skills and faultless time-management too.
- A clean driving license is of course essential.
- This is a great opportunity if you are keen to be mobile, meet people of all types and relish a high level of job satisfaction.
- We believe in nurturing talent and challenging people, so you'll get all the support and mentoring you need to succeed, right from day 1.
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Commission scheme
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount