Competitive Salary + Bonus, Pension, 27 days holiday
To be the lead finance and performance analyst for the Ireland business and to manage the end to end structural pricing function.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2020, we'll be hitting £4 billion in revenue. We'll have brought in 5,000 more people. And we'll have launched a further four brand new product categories. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organise itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
After many years as part of the Dyson Dyson GB & Ireland &Nordics (GB&I&N) team in Malmesbury, Dyson Ireland opened its doors in 2005. A decade of steady market penetration was followed by rapid growth. In 2015, harnessing the launch of exciting new technologies, both sales and personnel doubled.
Now nearly 50 people strong, ambitious plans are in place to build on future technologies and achieve market leadership in multiple categories. The upcoming move to dynamic new space in central Dublin will help us achieve this – putting us at the heart of the capital and giving us more opportunities to spread the Dyson story.
1. Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly performance reporting and analysis.
• Design and maintain financial performance reports that focuses on YOY and vs forecast performance.• Lead monthly reviews of business performance which enable quick and robust strategic decision making.• Manage and promote a transparent controls process for all sales & marketing investment to ensure the business is delivering the best return on investment and has the correct level of transparency throughout each function.• Passionately seek out consumer, customer and category insight to enable the business to make critical strategic decisions.• Partner with the Head of Sales to design and deliver commercial models and analysis to assist with the development of the Dyson Ireland go to market strategies to ensure the business is fit for the future and delivering effective profitable growth.• Build effective return on investment analysis reports that tracks the performance of our inventory, fixturisation and people .
2. Pricing & Finance Operations owner
• Lead the local management of all customer pricing(invoice pricing, promo spend, rebates, NPD launches) to ensure a smooth and transparent process.• The candidate must be curious and inventive and be willing to look at the current process and make recommendations of how to better operate a smooth process.• Partner internally (group finance, account team, supply chain sales desk team, direct retail) to ensure all processes are understood and supported and the levels of resource and support required are aligned with each function lead.
3. Fulfil other duties as required:
• Operate as a business partner to the Irish leadership team including country manager on a day to day basis.• Work closely with Country Manager on adhoc commercial modelling and internal meeting preparation to board level.• Be a technical leader (e.g. Excel, Sap) and help build capability throughout the organisation with formal and informal coaching.
Candidates should have commercial modelling experience (of design and analysis); experience of working in a finance analyst capacity, preferably within the electrical or FMCG industries; have the skills to influence and lead effectively across multiple functions, including at a senior level; and have strong excel and system skills which promote efficient working.
You’ll enjoy a competitive salary, a performance related bonus, generous leave and a pension. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture and the latest devices it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.