Competitive Salary + Bonus
The Finance Analyst role in the Professional business is an exciting opportunity to provide business decision support to both RDD and the commercial end of the business. It’s a high profile role with global reach, offering considerable interaction with markets and the senior leadership team, and is a great opportunity to raise individual profile and build a network across the business.
You will be responsible for Airblade and Lighting category finance and will closely partner the Professional Commercial Director and RDD Category Director and their teams to assess the commercial viability of our next generation technology from early stage concepts through to commercial launch. Fundamental to the launch process is effective stock management, we need enough stock in markets to launch and to reduce stock of old technology, and you’ll support the business to achieve a seamless stock transition at launch and optimised stock levels thereafter.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Dyson Professional has developed from the Dyson Airblade business that launched in 2006. Since 2016 the business has been on a journey of rapid transformation with the introduction of the Lighting category and the addition of Dyson’s consumer technology to create a broader B2B product portfolio targeted at the hospitality, healthcare, transport, office and education sectors. The business demonstrates Dyson technology to millions of potential customers every day.
The Professional finance function plays a key part in the businesses global commercial success. The team provides vital business partnering support across the Group functions – RDD, Commercial, Salesforce, Operations, and HR – and our markets across the globe. It’s also responsible for creating and monitoring the framework of financial processes and controls that define how we operate financially, and providing performance insights through reporting and analysis that influence how we operate commercially.
- Performing investment appraisal for New Product Innovation (NPI) and New Product Development (NPD) technology to support the Commercial Director and RDD Category Director with sound decision making. Assess whether the project assists the delivery of the commercial 5 year plan and maximises the return on available resources.
- Working closely with NPI and NPD project stakeholders to obtain the latest project information, providing sufficient challenge to the business case inputs to ensure their integrity; reporting accurate investment appraisals.
- Attending RDD milestones to present the business case and articulate: causes of inter-milestone changes; significant assumptions incorporated in the business case; and the impact of the key sensitivities. Providing valuable decision making support throughout the milestone process.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the demand planning process and identifying process improvements the Professional business can make, proactively working to implement these across markets globally. Continually supporting the business to: improve forecast accuracy; ensure the demand plan facilitates the achievement of the financial forecast; and optimise the supply chain of stock between manufacturing and market.
- Producing demand planning reporting that provides an early warning system of potential market stock shortages and supports timely conversations with the supply chain and manufacturing operations teams to devise mitigating actions.
- Developing regular stock reporting that helps the business optimise stock levels globally and ensure all demand is met.
- Partnering the Group Professional team through the budgeting/ forecasting cycle and providing sufficient challenge to ensure the accuracy of the forecast; and reporting forecast updates to management that clearly and succinctly detail reasons for forecasting variances.
- Supporting the team to improve expenditure compliance by facilitating PO compliance training, reporting achieved compliance levels versus target, and working with the team to understand causes of non-compliance and devise measures to mitigate future non-compliance.
- Ensuring the integrity of the Professional P&L and balance sheet. Processing accounting entries required to fairly reflect the costs incurred by the Group team in the P&L, reconciling balance sheet accounts and requesting intercompany recharges as necessary.
- Qualified Accountant, ideally 0-1yr PQE (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Excellent analytical ability – comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meaningful insight and conclusions, and capable of using this to influence decision making.
- Both competent and confident when presenting information, in particular when presenting financial information to senior non-finance stakeholders. Written communication style is clear and concise.
- Flexible and pragmatic in approach; balances areas requiring focus with recognition of the importance of avoiding unnecessary delays to progress.
- Energetic and engaging with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude; a problem solver.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues; a team player and proven business partner.
- IT skills: proficient in MS Office suite; demonstrable willingness to learn SAP ERP and Salesforce.com (training provided).
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.